Fun with Frank

A running, first draft only, write-yourself-into-and-out-of-a-corner kind of serial story.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

73...

Things were slipping for him, she could feel it, and she was going to have to play this one well. Her life depended on it.
"So Matthew," she said with just the slightest taunt in her voice. "I thought we're gonna have a little talk?"
Matthew continued staring forward, into the canyon ahead.
"Shut up."
"Matthew, that's no way to talk to a lady."
"My name's not really Matthew, as I’m sure you're well aware..."
"I don't give a fuck what your name is!"
The man who posed as someone named Matthew turned his head to quickly face her.
"Excuse..."
"Your little job here is to do me in. Your name is Fudge Tunnel for all I care!"
"Hey!"
"Hey yourself, fuckface! If you have something to tell me before you put one between my eyes, then you fucking tell me! I'm sick of your bullshit, psycho games!"
"I'll tell you what I have to tell you when I'm ready."
"Does your boyfriend get all impressed when you talk all tough like that?"
"I'll slit your throat too bitch. Watch yourself."
"I'm scared jizz chugger."
"You think I won't kill you?" He asked with an intensified, psychotic smile.
"No," she said. "I'm pretty sure you'll try.
"I'll succeed."
"I've had better than you blow their last breath in my face while I looked down on them with my best 'come fuck me' look."
"You have no idea what you're dealing with here," he said, turning back towards the windshield.
The car entered the deep dark of the canyon. Lights like stationary will o' the wisp floated in the distance, up hills and down unseen side roads.
"I don't care what I'm dealing with. If you're gonna kill me here, than you've really not given me an option. Why should I give a fuck who you are or what you have to say."
"Who said I was gonna kill you?"
"You've made it more than clear, asshole."
"Yeah, you're tough." He said in a quiet voice. His face became garishly illuminated in one of the rare canyon street lights now passing the car. "A lot of stupid, tough talk. And while I doubt, I mean really doubt, that you're not afraid of dying, I'll bet I know someone who will scream and cry like a baby when I track him down.”
“And who the hell is that?”
“Your… Friend… Frank…”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home